Information for donors
Your generosity has an impact across the province. The monetary and food donations collected by Food Banks of Quebec (FBQ) are redistributed according to an equitable sharing formula among the network’s members. The small portion of financial donations that we keep allows us to operate province-wide programs that benefit our members and are at the heart of our mission, programs such as the National-Provincial Sharing System (NPSS) and the Supermarket Recovery Program (SRP), for example.
Food Banks of Quebec is recognized by the Canada Revenue Agency as a registered charity.
Our registration number is 121134316RR0001.
If you have any questions about your donation, please contact email@example.com
If you make your donation online through our website, you will immediately receive your tax receipt by email. You will find it under the name “Simplyk”, which is the donation platform we use.
If you make your donation in another form (either by cheque, phone, bank transfer, for example), please allow a few weeks for processing and delivery of the tax receipt.
Tax credit for food donations
As an agri-business, your food donation may be eligible for a tax credit.
We will be pleased to provide you with a receipt, upon request. The receipt will reflect the market value of the donation.
Donations are non-refundable.
Food Banks of Quebec promises to respect the Donor Bill of Rights, an industry reference.
To read the complete Donor Bill of Rights:
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP Quebec) website
‘’We declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.’’